Sun is our Devata and we have been offering prayer to the Sun since a long time. Have you ever thought how would have we managed to survive in this earth without the rays of the sun? So, that is why we regard the Sun as God and offer prayers. Surya Namaskar is one such yoga sequence or posture that enables us to offer prayer to the Surya Devata. But, what exactly Surya Namaskar is and is this yogic practice really beneficial?
Meaning of Surya Namaskar:
We pay our respect to the Sun through Surya Namaskar. Well known as an ancient technique, thistechnique comprises of around twelve positions. Through these twelve postures, gratitude or respect is offered to the Sun God which is the source of life and energy.
However, there is no reason to think that this ancient technique is baseless and not backed up by Science. There is enough evidence of Surya Namaskar being backed up by the techniques of Science. The ancient saga tells us that different body parts are governed by different sources of energies. Behind the navel, the solar plexus is located which is connected to the Sun. So, if you desire to enhance the size of the solar plexus, practise this yoga on a regular basis. Do you know how are you going to be benefitted with the increase in size of solar plexus? It will not only enhance your decision-making abilities and leadership skills but there is a possibility of increase in your intuitive abilities and creative ideastoo. It is said this yoga plays a role of a booster when it comes to enhancing your level of confidence. The multifaceted benefits of Surya Namaskar have made it one of the most preferred yoga practices around the world.
Any Specific Time for Surya Namaskar:
There is no specific time for this yoga. You can practise Surya Namaskar whenever you feel like and at any of point of time during the day. However, it is recommended to practise this Yoga posture at the time of sunrise. The rays of the sun help in revitalizing and refreshing your body during that time.However, practising Surya Namaskar at any point of the day will benefit you. As an instance, if you practise it during the afternoon, it will give instant energy to your body. Alternatively, if you prefer to practise it during the dusk, it will certainly help you to unwind.
Pace Essential To Practice This Yoga:
To avail the maximum benefit of Surya Namaskar, there are 3 variations of speed at which you can practise this yoga.
- If you opt for slow pace, then your body will become flexible
- Need toned muscles. Then go for medium pace
- The fast pace is the best cardiovascular workout and it has proved to be extremely helpful in keeping you in shape by shedding those extra pounds.
- Now, coming to the benefits of Surya Namaskar, there are several that needs mention. The most important benefit is people who practise this yoga enjoy a better functioning of the body compared to those who don’t practise. You can also notice a difference in the mental capabilities of people who practise this yoga technique. You will find a positive bent of mind in people who practise Surya Namaskar Some other benefits are listed as below:
- The postures of this yoga blend the asanas and the warm-ups extremely well.
- If you continue practising this yoga, you will remain free from diseases and also it can help you lead a healthier life.
- The balance in your body also improves with regular practice.
- If this yoga technique is practised regularly, the blood circulation improves and it also strengthens the heart.
- Moreover, your respiratory system, abdominal muscles, and other internal organs are stimulated with the help of this yoga technique.
- Also, you tend to become more flexible as regular practice tones different parts of your body like neck, shoulder, wrist, back, your leg muscles and spine.
In case, if you are overweight and you are really confused how to lose, it is recommended to practise Surya Namaskar that can help you with different ways to benefit your skin and hair.
- Always remember, Surya Namaskar is an overall physical training for your body as during this yoga, every part of the body remains active.
- Once you start increasing the rounds of this yoga, you will notice a sharp fall in the weight. Credit goes to the stretches and the bends that helps to loosen up the flabs.
- The hair loss is prevented with the improvement of blood circulation in the scalp. Also, due to the improved blood circulation, your head gets a full nourishment and also you are blessed with a healthy hair growth.
- Blood circulation leaves your skin seamlessly glowing and young.
The article above talks Surya Namaskar and its benefits. Needless to say, that if you practise this yoga technique rightfully, it will give you the maximum benefits. Since ages, people have been practising this unique yoga to offer prayer to the Sun God. Doctors recommend this magic technique to overweight people who feel worried and don’t know how to get rid of those extra pounds. This magic potion can really work wonders for them.